Pages

Wednesday

Just for Tydon...

Last Fall I bought some fabric to make a quilt for Tydon's bed.
He transitioned from his crib to a Full size bed like a champ, but I felt bad because he had to use one of our wedding quilts. It was black and white and looked fine, but I really wanted him to have his own.

After I got done with baby brother's quilt, my sister-in-law (amazing quilter) said, "let's just get Tydon's done too." So we did. (All in one day) At first I wanted to just do a strip quilt, but changed my mind. Then I decided it would be fun to do a sports theme because of his bed.
So.... this is what we came up with.
He LOVES it!!

He likes to show it off to people when they come over for the first time.
We found his bed at RC Willey outlet. It was originally $900 and it was on clearance for $200!! {SCORE}
(The posts have baseballs on them)
*****************
When we were in Mud Lake last time Tydon was trying to follow his older (6) cousin Briggs and jumped off a bench, but missed the bed! It hurt him pretty bad. The next day he was talking to Gord and said, "Dad I can't fly like a bird."
(The picture isn't great, but the bruise was pretty bad a week later)

One of my favorite parts of the day is in the morning.
Being my pregnant self I don't get up any earlier than I have to, so Tydon usually comes and wakes me up by crawling in bed with me each morning. We snuggle and he tells me about his dreams about motorbikes, skateboards, playing football or hunting.
Love this kid!

I signed Tydon up for Itty-Bitty Football and he can hardly wait!
He'll tell just about anyone that he is going to play football.
So as I'm counting down the days for baby brother to arrive he is counting down the days until
Itty Bitty Football starts.
I made this chart for him last week because he asks me everyday if he gets to play yet.
I'm excited to see Tydon as a big brother.
He is such a good boy and we are so lucky to have him around.

7 comments:

Landon&Shauna said...

Your such a fun mom I love it! The quilt and bed look great!

Unknown said...

What a cute quilt! I love it...you are such a fun mom. Your kids are lucky!

Bailey Family said...

you are so creative! your quilts turned out amazing. Good work, now if i could only sew like you! I love his baseball bed too!!

Unknown said...

I love hearing the funny stories about what my friends' kids do! You just keep those coming! That quilt is darling, by the way. You're amazing. Quilting is one thing I really want to learn how to do.

Unknown said...

Oh my heck Tydon is cute!!! I love how he told his dad he can't fly, so matter of factly! You are such a cute mom making that football chart for him to countdown until the big day, football! I love the quilt, I can't believe you did it in ONE DAY! Holy cow! The bed is soooo cute, I love the bats and baseballs I want one and I don't even have a boy!

Judy said...

I love the quilt and that bed is any little boys dream bed!!!! So cute. I would love to watch him play football! What a blast!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the quilt!! I have made some many Blankets for Quinton cause they are so fun to make. I will be making some Quilts for there bed sometime!

Related Posts with Thumbnails